The CHN Theology
We want to say right up front that while we at Christian Hospitality Network (CHN) have a statement of faith, one thing we do believe is that too many churches and organizations use their brick-solid theology to build walls of spirituality. But the problem with walls is that they tend to keep people out. Hospitality, on the other hand, is about inviting people in and giving them the freedom to relax and to probe and ponder an awesome God.
Another thing you should know is that while quite a few of CHN’s affiliated inns are run by people who pretty much affirm what we do, the diversity within Christianity means that you’ll find a variety of viewpoints on theology as well as deportment. So as you meet folks connected with CHN, celebrate with them our God who defies being defined, and enjoy the liberty we have in Christ.
Christian Hospitality Network Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.